Why hello, hello you guys! Excuse the absence of my posts, It’s been a hectic school week with hectic tests and projects buut the week is done(sort of, I have rehearsals on sunday! IKR!)
But my week was filled with an abundant supply of highlights! so don’t stress 😉
Highlights! Well to start off with I had a kick-ass gym session, I wasn’t too motivated but once I got there I really got into it and took my first ‘phone’ selfie that I’m actually using! 😀 how embarrassing! I did cardio and then a total body workout, something like this-Courtesy of Tone It Up(http://toneitup.com/)
I also enjoyed many cups of tea! and my mums friend came back from her venture in India bearing gifts, specifically this really amazing Tulsi Ginger tea and it is delicious! it’s also organic- how amazing! It’s packed full of flavour, no jokes!
Those apples, yeah green are my favourite apples like ever! I added some PB2 to them, simply a spoonful of PB2 with water, mix and pour- best tasting snack eveeer! 😀 try it! you will thank me 😉
I got some of my tests back, and I was pleasantly happy! All is well that Ends well right! Also last night I had rehearsals till LATE but what was a highlight in those rehearsals was the fact that my scene went soo well! ALMOST flawless with no mishaps, I was chuffed like a baby in a pram! 😀 T’was really really awesome!
Stayed up till 1am finishing off my homework as these rehearsals take up SO much of my time, but the Production is next week so I can’t wait till it’s OVER 😀 😉 I might just pull out my MJ moves
Sheperds Pie! yes I made good’ol sheperds pie but I pimped it out and made it vegan! it turned out amazing, with a few changes of course! like a dash of that BBQ Indian spice mix I mentioned before 🙂
Recipe; adapted from Fat Free Vegans ‘Skillet gardener’s pie’.(http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2008/05/skillet-gardeners-pie.html)
And this is my take on it!
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup soy milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 can of ready cleaned and cooked lentils(in water)
- 1/3 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 carrot, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced, leaves minced and reserved
- 2 cups fat-free vegetable broth
- 1 handful of green beans, cut and washed
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons water (or veg. broth)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Arrowroot
- extra rosemary for garnish
- Rinse the cauliflower head and cut it up into small chunks, add it to a pot over a stove and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer until cauliflower is tender. Place in a large bowl, add the non-dairy milk, and mash until smooth, Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and set aside in a warm place.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, make the “pie” filling. Heat a large non-stick or cast iron skillet on a medium-high burner and add the onions. Sauté until onions are translucent. Add the garlic, carrots, celery, and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth,lentils, green beans, and herbs. Simmer on medium heat for 15-20 minutes and preheat the oven to 180’c whilst they do.
- Once Veggies are tender, Add salt and pepper to taste (I added my BBQ spice here! 😉 ).
- Add the Arrowroot and stir until it had thickened
- Place in an oven safe dish and top with the cauliflower mash
- Place it in the over on 180’c for about 5 mins until it is golden and crispy
- remove and transfer into a bowl(like mine!) if so desired 🙂
How easy is that recipe! and it’s delicious, nutritious and healthy! 🙂
Let’s just reflect once more on how PB2 is a gift from the yummy heavens! 😉
Question: Are you happy it’s Friday! anything exciting going on?